RYT-500 Elective: teaching apprenticeship
The Boundless Yoga Teacher Apprenticeship Program gives certified RYT-200 and RYT-500 teachers the opportunity to hone their skills as open or advanced level yoga instructors within a structured 6-month-long practical apprenticeship alongside a veteran teacher. Contact us to sign up.
Typically there are four to eight apprentices in each group. Apprentices attend one of their mentor’s scheduled studio classes weekly. Based on this experiential learning environment, the apprentices’ job is to:
- Observe that class, take notes, and possibly assist the mentor.
- Synthesize the raw notes taken during observation into a clear, concise outline of the class, including the particular type of information required by the mentor.
- Meet monthly with the mentor for a semi-private planning/review session to review notes, ask questions and get assistance in planning their own class.
- Teach as part of the program’s practicum under mentor’s guidance and/or direct supervision.
- Present and post all approved class outlines to Boundless’s internal site.
By the end of the program apprentices can expect to:
- Learn and put into practice professional, safe, and appropriate pose sequencing, including thematically based classes, for an open class environment
- Learn and put into practice themed classes together over seasonal periods of time
- Learn and put into practice how to modify classes on-the-spot based on the particular needs of the students in class
- Have a personal log of six month’s worth of weekly yoga class notes and class outlines
- Access to all resources within Boundless Yoga’s internal site
$2500, which includes:
- Unlimited classes at Boundless Yoga for the duration of the program.
- One semi-private session with mentor per month and access to mentor through email and phone
- 150 hours of Yoga Alliance continuing education credits toward RYT-500.
In this section
- Pay what you can yoga
- New Student 10-class Pass
- 2013 Advanced Immersion Program: May
- 2012 advanced studies (ryt 200)
- 2012 advanced studies (ryt 500)
- RYT-500 elective: Core Advanced Program
- RYT-500 Elective: Yoga Therapy Program
- RYT-500 Elective: teaching apprenticeship
- Immersion Workshops
- work trade program